Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome!

To all who are here, welcome to The First 45. Through the site, I hope to give my impressions on the various games I happen to stumble across. Impressions will be based on the first 45 minutes of gameplay, give or take. I chose 45 because the rule of thumb with a number of games is that a decent opinion can be formed after an hour of play. Also, 45 minutes is the average chunk of time I tend to dedicate towards gaming in an average sitting.

Before we begin, I'd like to clear the air, and give the "riot act" that seems to precede all of these blogs:
  1. I do not take requests. Sorry, but I am doing this as a hobby. I'd rather play what I want and write about what I want, in that regard.
  2. The style and quality of writing will vary greatly, since I'm playing with the format, and just having fun with my work.
  3. These are not reviews - they are merely impressions. Short, bite-sized views at a small part of the game. I'm not going to grade something that I've only played for a short time.
  4. Constructive comments, please! I appreciate a degree of civility, even in the online world. Trolls and flames will get the same treatment online that they do in reality - they'll be ignored, or mocked...
  5. Intelligent conversation is definitely welcome! I'm not afraid of people, and don't mind discussions of ideas.
  6. Updates will be fairly irregular, since I work two jobs on top of this. I apologize in advance, since the lack of time bothers you as much as it does myself.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy what comes of this. Feel free to settle in, leave a few comments, and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment